These Outdoor Sofa Plans include a 7-page STEP-BY-STEP PDF document including a material cut-list and cutting layouts. These plans are very thorough, but if you ever have any questions feel free to email us!
This project was designed by Alex from Mr. Built It and the plans created by the Woodbrew crew. By purchasing these plans, you are supporting two small businesses. To be 100% transparent, Alex and Woodbrew split the revenue 50/50. This is an awesome way for us to partner and bring our audiences more value.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What materials are used?
All links provided are affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we get a small
commission. You can buy most, if not all, of these items from your local hardware store too.
- Eight 2 x 4 x 8 (Actual: 1 1/2” x 3 1/2” x 96”) I used standard construction grade pine but treated lumber or cedar could also be used.
- Three 1 x 4 x 8 (Actual: 3/4” x 3 1/2” x 96”) For all structural panels. I used standard construction grade pine, but treated lumber or cedar could also be used.
- Forty 2 1/2” Outdoor Pocket Hole Screws For general construction. https://amzn.to/3bEzJBb
- Twenty Four 3 1/2” Deck Screws For general construction. https://amzn.to/34RUjeH
- Forty Four 1 1/4” Deck Screws For general construction. https://amzn.to/3eERWjR
- 100ft Black Nylon Rope (Optional) For armrest wrap. I bought the rope from The Home Depot, but it appears they don’t sell solid black anymore at my location. I have provided a link to an alternative if your local store doesn’t have it. https://amzn.to/34X9X8t
- Stain (Optional) 1 I used Antique White Stain. https://amzn.to/2RUFpPo
- Clearcoat. I used a water-based spar urethane. Make sure you choose an outdoor-rated finish. https://amzn.to/2W1cHOj
- Seat Cushions The seat cushions are 24 3/8” x 24 3/8” x 4” and the seatback cushions are 24” x 17 3/8” x 5 1/2”. I purchased them from Ikea, but any cushions will work even if the measurements are exactly the same. These are the exact cushions I used. https://bit.ly/2yEvRBa https://bit.ly/3cC6VZW I also found these possible alternatives. https://amzn.to/2S06q46
- Wood glue. Titebond 2 is what I used, but Titebond 3 would also be a good waterproof choice. https://amzn.to/2Kl3haM
How much does this cost to make?
The lumber only costs around $40. The approximate total cost is $250. There are a few optional addons and depending on the cushions you use can change the price.
What are the dimensions?
The overall dimensions are 78 1/2” long, 38 3/4” high, and 24” wide.
|Materials||Listed in Description.|
|License||This plan is for YOUR use only. Do not redistribute or sell this plan.|
|Category||Beginner, Outdoor & Patio, Patio & Outdoor, Seating|